Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Hey, I'm Just Trying To Make A Living...

From the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection for Western Australia comes word of what is apparently my other writing job:

For years, the most common pyramid scheme investigated by Consumer Protection Division of the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection has been a chain letter called the "Paul Collins letter."

"Dear Friend. The enclosed information is something I almost let slip through my fingers … Being a Christian, I truly believed it was wrong to be in debt … This letter will change your life FOREVER…FINANCIALLY!!! 100% Money Back Guarantee!"

Six pages later you find that the way to make $234,000 in 3 months is to:
1. Buy reports for twenty dollars each from the four people on the list.
2. Put your name at the top of the list and move the others down.
3. Post 200 copies of the 8 page letter to others who could use a little money.

They go on to note that " 'Paul Collins' and the originator of the program 'Edward L Green' do not exist."

Come to think of it, I am feeling rather insubstantial this morning.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?