Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

Slogging to Seattle

The Stranger has a new blog, SLOG, cheekily christened "Seattle's only blog." There's fine sniping and scoopery in there by the staff. Plus, if you want to read editor Dan Savage on a daily basis -- and what sane person wouldn't? -- now you can.

There's no picture of the staffers posting, but I can at least note the furniture from which Dan's part of the blog emanates. A few years ago I hosted an evening of writers reading from forgotten old books at Elliot Bay Book Co., and he brought in a fantastic artifact of 1950s white-lab-coat-smut: The Anal Compulsion in Homosexuality. Now there's a title every home should have on its shelves, if just to see the expression on visitors' faces.

After an appallingly funny reading from it, Dan slipped out of the room. "I have to get back to my office," he told me. "I'm getting a desk delivered tonight. I got it at the estate auction -- I bought Ann Landers' desk..."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?